Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Plantamura first to qualify for 2012 election




City Councilor Patricia Plantamura is the first candidate to qualify for the city’s municipal election on March 13.

Two council seats will be open for election in Seminole for a term of three years and seven months. Qualifying continues through Dec. 19.

“I am humbled by the number of people who urged me to run for another term,” said Plantamura. “It’s an honor to be able to serve my community on council, and I pledge to continue to work my hardest to help make Seminole an even better city for all.”

A former police officer and teacher, Plantamura won the most votes among the councilors elected in Seminole’s 2009 race.

She is also a member of the energy, environment and natural resources steering committee for the National League of Cities.